nuffnang header

Sunday 22 May 2011

The Dreaded Act

This is my very first attempt on creating an English sonnet or formerly know as the Shakespearean sonnet! Normally in most of my previous poems, I didn't even bother to follow any specific types of a formal poetry because I'm just to lazy to adhere to any sort of formalities. Yes, I do admit that I'm quite lazy even though I'm passionate about literature. So, on this wonderful day I sure am blessed by God and surprisingly motivated to create something by using the specific guidelines while fulfilling certain requirements. And it felt kinda good too! This is what I came up with and as usual your opinions or suggestions are most welcome. :D


Desperation clouded her rationality,
Tricked her blindly to play the part,
That was stolen from her recently,
Lust is what he hinted from the start...
Pity her fate oh that poor lady,
For life is a stage and this is a sneak preview,
Dramatic irony is a perceived tragedy,
Unknown to her while others helplessly view...
She belted a spectacular performance,
Amazes the unsuspecting crowd,
The highlight of the show was the epic romance,
Which was utterly wicked...

      Ignorantly he made her the second choice,
      Thus eternally she suffers without a voice...

No comments:

Post a Comment