nuffnang header

Monday 23 May 2011

Glazed Imperfection

This time my dear friends, I managed to complete writing an Italian (Petrarchan) sonnet! It was tough as I struggled to appease its demanding rhyme scheme which actually helps the flow of delivering the subliminal message in my poem. It sure felt great as this is quite a challenge I recently placed on myself to appreciate Literature. All thanks to Mrs. TJ who is currently teaching me 20th Century Literature this short semester! I truly am inspired in pursuing knowledge in the abstract fields of Literature! :D

Behold and feast your eyes on my sonnet entitled 'Glazed Imperfection'!


Take a sweet sip of destruction, (a)
Any kind of intentions can be quite deadly, (b)
Though few may grasp assumption certainly, (b)
For the cause is of no such reason, (a)
Make peace with your inner demon, (a)
Darkness within shall never disappear simply, (b)
Self-awareness is the most fitted key, (b)
To unlock the light that's hidden, (a)
Which song should we sing? (c)
Along this miserable quest, (d)
Towards an unknown place, (e)
To whom shall we cling? (c)
Before we are put to rest, (d)
Indeed we are truly far from grace... (e)

*Note that the brackets after each line within the poem above indicates the rhyme scheme. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment